In response to student interest last year, a number of changes have been made to the University Core curriculum, effective Fall 2017, to increase the diversity of course offerings. These changes are summarized here http://luc.edu/core/diversity-core/ and include:
- Increasing the number of diversity courses in the Tier 1 Foundational offerings
- Tier 1 Historical Knowledge Area: HIST 103: American Pluralism (formerly HIST 203) and HIST 104: Global History Since 1500 (formerly HIST 204) have been added as two course options to the Tier 1 Historical Knowledge Area. There will now be four courses that will satisfy the Tier 1 Historical Knowledge Area requirement.
- Tier 1 Societal and Cultural Knowledge Area: WSGS 101: Introduction to Women’s Studies and Gender Studies: A Global Perspective has been added to the Core Curriculum as an option for the Tier 1 Societal and Cultural Knowledge Area.
- Increasing the number of diversity courses in Tier 2 course offerings
- Tier 2 Theological and Religious Studies Knowledge Area: Three new Theology courses will be added as course options for Tier 2 of the Theological and Religious Studies Knowledge Area:
- THEO 203: Social Justice and Injustice
- THEO 204: Ethics and the Ecology Crisis
- THEO 299: Religions of Asia